5 Memories From The Wedding Day
1. Standing At The Gates Of Hell...Probably not what you should be thinking about on your wedding day but just before coming through the doors of the sanctuary, I was standing in the stairwell behind the doors on the pulpit side of the church. It is September and still hot and at 5:55pm the sun is shining directly through the glass and in that little area it is about 230 degrees. Hottest place I have ever been. I realized what an ant must feel like when as a kid, I used a magnifying glass to cause them to burst into flames. I cracked the door to the choir loft to get some cool air. I was sweating and asked Dr. Howell if this was what Hell felt like. He said "No that's not for another 5 years." I finally understand what he was talking about...ha!ha!
2. Counseling sessions with Dr. Howell (won't ever forget it and will never stop laughing about it). He skipped the "big" session with us (thank goodness) but we still have plenty to laugh about and learned about personality types (I think that's when he asked us if were sure we still wanted to get married...just kidding) and the meaning of the marriage ceremony.
3. A great two days surrounded by all our family and friends. We need to have more celebrations like that day more often. Wonder if mom and dad will pay for another party? They should have recovered by now.
4. I saw LA before she walked down the isle. It was quick and it was down a long hallway - she was at one end and me at the other. I heard LA say "Kevin, just saw me" and I said "Crap, I just saw LA". I asked Bob if that was bad luck and he replied "Do you believe in luck?", I said "No" but I was thinking "Yes, how do you think I got to this point...38 and marrying a young, hottie...You don't believe in luck? I am living proof".
5. Finally, after 38 years, I found and married the girl of my dreams and my best friend.
5a. I will never forget saying our wedding vows..I, Kevin take thee Leigh-Ann, to be my wife/husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better – for worse, for richer – for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part, and thereto I pledge thee my faith.
5 Most Overheard Comments From The Guests
1. Is the A/C on in this place (at the reception)
2. What's the age difference between them?
2a. She looks young, How old is he? He doesn't look that old
3. The Bride sure is beautiful
3a. Missed out on that Sugar Daddy
3b. Kevin's got a young, hot wife...he did good, married up
4. When are they going to start having kids? He isn't a spring chicken you know.
5. Where's the bar, the food and start the music!
5 Memories Since We Been Married
1. Tahiti for the Honeymoon (5 more years before we go back...maybe, hoping, wishing)
2. Home Remodeling (still have some stuff to do...it will never end)
2a. First night sleeping in our house after coming home from the Honeymoon...thanks Tim and Arlette, Mom and Dad, Corey and everyone who helped us have a place to sleep when we got home.
3. September 14, 2008 and March 5th 2010
4. Reynolds Plantation / Amelia Island
5. Watching LA go medieval on a skank ( a snake with legs) with a hoe and realizing I better not ever make her mad
5a. The snake on the porch
It's been a wild ride and we wouldn't change anything (well, there is this one thing....). I am glad to share each day with LA and now our kids. Everyone was right, it isn't easy being married. There are good days and not so good days. However, it doesn't matter because on the good or not so good days, I am a better person because of LA and I hope she is a better person because of me.










I remember this... though I didn't know either of you back then (Jennifer got the invite). I have to admit, I think I said most (all?) of the things on the 5 Most Overheard Comments From The Guests. Haha. Happy Anniversary to both of you.
ReplyDelete